- Defending champions Quetta Gladiators start the 2020 Pakistan Super League by taking on 2018 winners Islamabad United.
- Led by top-scorer Shane Watson, who hit 430 runs in 12 innings, Quetta Gladiators won last year’s tournament by beating Peshawar Zalmi in the final.
- Islamabad United had lost to Peshawar Zalmi in the final eliminator play-off but have retained key players such as 2018 star player Luke Ronchi for the coming season.
Date- 2o feb 2020
Time- 19:30:00, GMT +5:30
Venue – National Stadium – Karachi, Pakistan
Winner- Quetta Gladiators
Both teams won the toss and fielded first in their most recent matches at Karachi’s National Stadium and they could both look to do the same at the start of this season.
A week of clear, sunny skies over Karachi will ensure the pitch is in good shape for the first game of the 2020 PSL, and conditions should be similarly warm and dry for the opening match.
The Karachi National Stadium is usually good for batting, particularly in white-ball cricket, and the hot, dry weather should ensure it plays to expectations.
Islamabad United Predicted Playing 11
- Luke Ronchi (wk), Colin Munro, Dawid Malan, Rizwan Hussain, Asif Ali, Hussain Talat, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan (c), Dale Steyn, Rumman Raees, Muhammad Musa
Quetta Gladiators Predicted Playing 11
- Shane Watson, Jason Roy, Ahmed Shehzad, Ahsan Ali, Umar Akmal, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c, wk), Mohammad Nawaz, Tymal Mills, Mohammad Hasnain, Naseem Shah, Fawad Ahmed